Dreaming of flying direct from the United States to Greece? We are here to tell you that is possible. While not every state in America caters for direct flights to such luxurious European locations, there are a handful of cities you can board a flight from. Sit back, relax and prepare for take off as we explore the ways you can travel to Greece from the US.
Table of Contents:
- Are There Non-Stop Flights to Greece From the US?
- Which US Cities Have Direct Flights to Greece?
- How Long is a Direct Flight from New York to Greece?
- Are Direct Flights Frequent from the US to Greece?
Are There Non-Stop Flights to Greece From the US?
Yes, there are non-stop flights between Greece and the US. All direct flights taking off from the US land in the Greek capital Athens (ATH), as it has the best accessibility to the individual islands. However, these non-stop flights may not be frequently available.
While only a handful of airlines operate the long haul flight, many choose to include one or two stopovers to make the journey not seem as daunting. An example of this is if you departed from Dallas Fort Worth Airport, and was aiming to reach Athens, you may first stop in Atlanta. Having a stop over means you also have more accessibility to the Greek islands. A popular stopover is London. From the capital, you can then continue your journey by flying direct to Greek islands, as there are four major airports which conduct the route. Alternatively, you can create your own stopovers by booking individual flights to other European cities first. Many may opt to start their journey to the wanderlust country of Greece, by first stopping in Germany and getting a direct flight with Lufthansa airlines.
Which US Cities Have Direct Flights to Greece?
- New York City (EWR & JFK)
- Chicago (ORD)
- Philadelphia (PHL)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Washington D.C (IAD)
- Boston (BOS)
There are 6 US cities which operate direct flights to Greece. While not operating all year round, these six cities make travelling to the European country possible. American states, such as Texas, currently do not have the option for direct flights to greece. However, if your starting destination is Dallas Fort Worth Airport, you may be able to find connecting flights to your greek destination.
Once you have decided where it is best for you to board, secure your dream accommodation by discovering luxurious greek villas with a private pool. You will be able to soak up the sun and recover from the jet lag all within your own private space.
How Long is a Direct Flight from the US to Greece?
Direct flights between the US and Greece can vary between 9 hours and 15 minutes – 12 hours and 05 minutes.
A breakdown of the US city airports, which operate direct flights, and the time it takes to reach Greece are:
- Direct flights from New York City’s John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) are 10h 50m.
- Direct flights from New York City’s Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) are 9h 15m.
- Direct flights from Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport (ORD) are 11h 10m.
- Direct flights from Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) are 10h 32m.
- Direct flights from Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport (ATL) are 10h 52m.
- Direct flights from Washington D.C’s Dulles International Airport (IAD) are 12h 05m.
- Direct flights from Boston’s Logan International Airport (BOS) are 10h 35m.
Are Direct Flights Frequent from the US to Greece?
Direct flights from the US are more frequent to Greece during the summer months. The main operators for these direct flights to Athens are:
- Emirates – Emirates operate direct flights to Greece from Newark airport (New York City) all year round.
- Delta – Delta Airlines provides direct flights to Athens from John F. Kennedy airport, New York City, from early March. They also fly from Boston and Atlanta during the peak season of May – October.
- American Airlines – American Airlines operates from O’Hare International airport (Chicago) to Athens between early April and October. During May – October American Airlines also operate between Washington D.C and Athens.
Out of peak season (Oct – April), you may find direct flights less frequent. If you want to travel during this period, you could always find a connecting flight and access the beautiful country of Greece that way.
Find The Luxury with Virtual Wanderlust
We hope this guide provided the answer to direct flights to Greece from the United States. Once you’ve found your dream location and accommodation, all that is left to do is pack your bag with eco-friendly travel essentials! At Virtual Wanderlust, our passion is to provide luxurious holiday inspiration. Whether it’s by preparing you with luxury Greek villas, or tempting you with more reasons to make Greece your family holiday destination! Make sure you don’t miss out by following us on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.